"When I began surveying men about romance, I expected to read many answers that connected sex to love and romance. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the men's answers were much more removed from the act of intercourse than I expected."
"Here's a list of the actions most often cited by men as turn-ons leading to a romantic mood, listed in order from most to least frequent:
- Being with a woman who looks good or dresses seductively.
- A home-cooked dinner
- Non-sexual touching, such as hugging, massaging, or caressing.
- Eye contact or a special way of looking at each other.
- Low lights or candlelight.
- Having a partner who makes a special effort to make a romantic evening.
- Having a partner who is spontaneious or who surprises me.
- Soft music
- Wine or champagne (sparkling cider works too :))
- A woman who smells great
- A quiet atmostphere
I was surprised that many of things in this list are the same things that I enjoy. It shouldn't be hard to figure out how to keep the romance alive in marriage.
Just some food for thought.